HomeHome  NewsNews  FAQFAQ  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Second time's the charm!~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Twilight took the time to stop and gaze up at him which was long enough to make anybody uncomfortable. She had an unreadable expression in her eyes, her face straight, but thankfully when she turned away, her face gained it's usual happy look again. Strange, even when she was harried she looked happy. She said nothing, but her expression seemed determined, as though she was going to try and do better. She looked uncertainly at the person conveniently passing by. "Ah, um. Hao. Excuse me?" She called out, fairly softly, as though she was already retracting in her shell. If she had ears and tail right now, they would be pressed to her head and tucked between her legs respectively, like a little frightened puppy (or you know, Poochyena or whatever's equivalent to a puppy there).
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:37 pm

The stranger that was passing by heard Twilight when she asked to be excused. He turned his head over to her alone, not staring to Naga or their respective pokemon. "Yes," he asked. "May I be of assistance?" He didn't seem too rude; in fact, the way he spoke seemed a bit serene.
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:42 pm

"Uh, er. Um, yes. Could-could you please tell me where the Pokemon Center is...?" She almost began whining, and if her voice went any quieter, not even an Audino and Clefable would be able to hear her. Her discomfort around people was quite clearly evident, and it was supported by her poor socializing skills. She wasn't confident for anything as superfluous as purchasing items, but that was a necessity.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 pm

"Well," the stranger told Twilight. He listed a few instructions to her about where to go, but figuring that she was asking where it was, she may not really get the idea about where he was telling her to go. "Just follow me," he instructed, turning tail and heading past the two again back towards the direction he had come from. "I'll take you there instead of just listing a bunch of nonsensical instructions to you." "Sounds a bit intelligent," Naga thought to himself, staring to his absol, of whom stared back.
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm

"Hao. Thank you~" The blank look left her face as he stopped reciting the instructions. Twilight seemed to instantly perk up and happily skipped before realizing what she was doing and stopped, walking along as though she had been reprimanded. Behaving civilized. She cast a happy glance, with a bit of triumph mixed in it, at Naga, as though she was a child who had just accomplished something important. She probably wanted a pat on her head too.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Naga had been staring at his pokemon when Twilight had begun to skip; as such, he had not witnessed it. He did see her when she stared at him happily, and all he could do was ponder why exactly she seemed excited. He simply started stepping after her and the stranger that was leading them, Angel following closely at her trainer's side. The stranger led them for a bit until they were in front of the center, stopping just in front of the door. He turned to the two then. "Well, here you are," he began. "One pokemon center. Is there anything else you need?"
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:01 pm

"Nothing, thank you~" Twilight has begun to giggle as though she was having a sugar rush. The warm, fuzzy feeling of achievement refused to leave her, even though it was but a small victory. If it could even be considered that. She looked towards Naga again, waiting for him to step in. After all, it was his idea to head to the Center. "Thank you~" She thanked the helpful stranger again.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:24 pm

The stranger only nodded. Naga gave a light sign of gratitude before letting the stranger turn and leave; after all, he had things to get done in the day as well. "Well, we're here," Naga spoke, turning to stare at Twilight. "So where do we begin?"
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Twilight began to fidget again. So she could stare, but she felt uncomfortable if somebody else gazed at her. "Uhm, ask around?" She took a light and vague jab. Her attention tended to wander as she didn't have a very stable span so it was possible she had already forgotten the agreement. She really was like a child, possible more frustrating as this behaviour was not expected from an individual her age.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 pm

"What're you planning to ask," Naga asked Twilight. "Who should we begin asking?"

[Oh the shrimp-i-ness... I feel shrimpy... ~o3o~]
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:13 pm

(o3o Shrimps... ( º﹃ º ))

Gyuu. Did she have to make all the decisions? Twilight bit back a developing pout. "Uhm..." Now she couldn't think up any good interrogating questions. She was milked dry. They couldn't just go around asking if they'd seen any suspicious or shady, aggressive characters around. Or could they?
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Angel watched Twilight not really answering Naga's questions. The pokemon nudged Naga's hand, the trainer tilting his head lightly to the side. "There's a lack of confidence and clarity if my observation is right," he thought to himself. "How can I help her? I don't want to tell her everything she needs to do piece by piece..."
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Twilight was looking troubled, with her face scrunched up. Akina was pacing back and forth, as though the uncertainty was contagious, or influential at the least. The teenagers head was bent as she intently studied her shoes, as though she was a child caught doing something naughty and had been scolded.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 pm

"Now what's with this behavior," Naga asked Twilight, noticing that she seemed to be getting a little worked up. "It's not like I'm yelling or telling you off; I'm trying to guide you..." "If that's even the term for it," he thought to himself. "Smile a little; we made it to the center; we just have to figure out what to do from here." He turned his head and looked at the doors to the building. "We know we have to ask around, but what should we ask and who should we start asking?"
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Twilight was getting reprimanded furthur, and bowed her head even furthur down, if that was possibly. It looked painful, bent at such an angle. But his supportive words compelled her to look up, a faint watery smile on her face. It's just that she didn't like to get halted when she was so close to achieving what they had set out for. She had been on a roll and hoped it would have carried her all the way through. "Yeah...thanks." She smiled, and just for a moment, her face lit up like it hadn't before. "Maybe the nurse? Or keep searching for the Gym Leader?"

Spoiler:

Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm

[They were directed to the pokemon center because the gym leader was heading there right? Or am I wrong? o3o]

"Talking to the nurse seems like a good idea," Naga told Twilight. He gave her a light smile, his absol immediately running circles around them waiting for the two to move forward.
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 am

(It was suggested that the Center would be a good place to start o3o Read Page 7, last post which happens to be yours, ironically >:3)

Twilight's gaze momentarily followed the fluffy white quadruped running round in orbits around them. Then moving to stand before the glass door to allow it to sense their presence and slide open, she stepped in as soon as she felt the cold rush of sterile environments and air-conditioning. Suddenly feeling messy and scruffy compared to the sparkling white surroundings, she padded over to the counter where Nurse Joy usually was, if not at some surgery or some important task. "Nurse Joy?" She called out, her quiet voice bouncing around the white walls in the confined space of the rather spacious Center. Quite luxurious actually. Twilight allowed her gaze to wander while waiting for a response, letting her eyes rest on Naga for a minute while her fingers rhythmically drummed the surface of the table. (Assuming he stepped in after her o3o I mean, why would he wait outside?)
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:34 pm

[No, no reading D: x3]

Naga did, in fact, follow Twilight into the pokemon center. Upon stepping inside, he felt a bit refreshed because of the air conditioning. He lightly sighed as his absol rubbed up against his leg and ran over to Twilight, dashing very lightly in circles. Just because she was protective didn't mean she couldn't be playful, especially since Twilight was a fresh face still. Naga stepped upto the counter where Nurse Joy would be usually, though for the moment she wasn't there. "Yes," a voice called from behind a set of double-doors. It sounded a lot like the nurse. "One moment please!"
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm

(XD lazy~)

"Mm." Twilight hummed contentedly as Nurse Joy's voice wafted from the interiors of the Center. She smiled as Angel took to scampering in circles again, and encouraged Akina to join in, who did so after some hesitation. She approached, none the less cautious and gave her a light pat on her paw, adorned with three sharp claws and a spike. Twilight edged a bit furthur away as Naga walked up to the counter, looking round.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:37 pm

[Very much so]

Angel played joyfully with Akina while she ran in her loops. Naga looked over to Twilight when she seemed to edge a bit away, wondering what she was staring to and what she was thinking about. After a little while the nurse emerged from behind the doors, the contraptions closing quickly after she had stepped out. "Sorry for the wait," she spoke, though something was different; this nurse didn't have the staple pink hair and hat like most of the others. Her hair was a dark red, wearing a necklace as she stopped at the front of the counter. "May I help you," she asked Twilight and Naga, the latter not saying anything.
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

"Y-es. Uhm. I'm sorry. Who are you?" Cocking her head curiously, she gazed up with curious eyes. Clearly she was unable to notice any similarities, as was the norm for all the nurses she had seen so far to fashion pink hair, look alike and wear that small hat. "Urm, in any case," She flashed a glance at Naga; he was probably getting impatient, as did all people around her. And no wonder. "We are searching for the Gym leader. Has he passed by recently...?" Choosing her words with great care, she asked, speaking out the words slower than normal conversation.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:45 pm

"If he has I wouldn't be able to tell you," the nurse told Twilight in response. Obviously it wasn't what the duo had wanted to hear. "I suggest that you ask anyone else around here. I haven't really been at the counter for the past few hours because I've been helping a few people in the back parts of the facility." She gave a light smile as if asking for a bit of forgiveness.
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:33 am

"Ah. Well, thank you miss." She quickly exited the Center and gazed around, shielding her eyes from the glaring sun of mid day. Time had passed quickly. "Do you think he could be in the store buying something...?" She asked, spying a blue roofed building, which upon closer inspection and amazingly, and rather alarmingly, a store. Twilight had actually correctly located and identified a building. What was the world coming to?
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:22 am

Naga followed Twilight, as did Angel, when the girl stepped out of the center and into the light of the day having half-passed. "I'm not sure," he told her, not really giving her much to go with. If she felt the gym leader could be somewhere, he was expecting her to lead and take them there... And hopefully not loop them another hour or two into an ally...

[Small post... I think there are ranks: one-line, shrimp, small, average, long, novelist... True?]
MegaAbsol

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:14 pm

(Maybe~ But sometime or the other, everybody achieves one of all o3o)

Thankfully Twilight set off in a purposeful manner as soon as she heard what Naga had to say. It wasn't too far off and they had nothing to lose if he wasn't there. Maybe. Hopefully. Time was running low, even though they did not have a deadline. As soon as she stepped into range, the door slid upon not unlike the one at the Center. Everything was so motorized over here. Her clean sterile conditions brought back the scruffy feelings she got of herself again. Only this area was smaller, most available space taken up by racks and racks of objects and items of all sorts. Twilight couldn't help staring a bit at the aisles. Shaking herself, she called out again. "Excuse me?~"
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second time's the charm!~   

Second time's the charm!~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next