HomeHome  NewsNews  FAQFAQ  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Second Stop: Cerulean!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon May 19, 2014 2:31 am

"Shock Wave Totem!" Kevin ordered. The Electrike nodded as sparks bounced off his fur before a wave of electrical energy was released towards the opponent.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Thu May 22, 2014 1:20 am

Staryu was faster than the Pokemon would seem to look, but even a Gym Leader's Pokemon couldn't escape the precision and speed of a Shock Wave attack. The Pokemon was sent skirting backwards as the jolt of electricity took its toll, though Staryu recovered quite well, waiting for Misty to give her command.

"If you want to play a game of accuracy, then I'll show it to you! You aren't the only one who can't miss!" The excited gym leader pointed a finger toward Totem with a flourish, "Staryu, use Swift!"

The gem adorning the center of Staryu's body glowed and shimmered before a mystic, star-like energy formed in front of the Pokemon. Then, all of the energy quickly flung itself toward Totem, honing onto the Pokemon with supernatural accuracy.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Thu May 22, 2014 1:43 am

"Get out of the way and be careful!" Kevin responded, narrowing his eyes at Misty. Totem was surprisingly able to dodge quite a few of the stars, but not all unfortunately, two had hit him, one on his left side, the other on his left leg and exploded on impact causong Totem to yelp and crumple to the ground. The Eletrike quickly got up and growled, fangs baref as he glared at Staryu.

"You okay?" Kevin askked in concern. After receiving a nod he said his bext set of orders: "Let's switch things up a bit and go with Nemo."

Totem looked at Kevin in suprise but switched out wiyh his fellow electric.type. Only someone with a keen eye could tell that Swift did a good amount of damage by the almost non noticable limp Totem had.

"Alright Nemo, Charge Beam, followed by Spark!" Kevin ordered calmly. Nemo wriggled in acknowledgement before charging up electrical particals in the air around him before shooting a beam of electricity at Staryu, then began to zig zag as electrical energy surrounded him like a comet as he made to tackle Staryu as hard as his little body could.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon May 26, 2014 7:24 pm

"Use Rapid Spin to counter!" Misty called to her Staryu. The star-shaped Pokemon would stand his ground. As Nemo quickly approached, the Staryu fell onto its stomach and began to spin at blinding speeds, hoping that, if Nemo collided with it, though the boosted electric attack would probably knock out the water Pokemon, it would do a decent amount of damage to Nemo as it went out.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon May 26, 2014 7:51 pm

"Charge Beam." Kevin said. Nemo, instead of stopping, began to circle Staryu as it spun while charging up eletrical energy as he did so. He stopped in front of Staryu (still a safe distance away) and fired the beam of electricity at Staryu's gem.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 am

Staryu couldn't halt its spinning in time to avoid the crackling electricity flying at it. There was no time to react, and thus it was a direct hit, sending the star-shaped Pokemon to slam into the ground and lay motionless until a beam of red light swallowed it back up and into its Pokeball.

Nemo gained 9 exp and grew to level 13!

Totem gained 9 exp and grew to level 14!

"That's one down, but this battle isn't done yet!" Misty said with enthusiasm. She liked a challenge, and Kevin was sure giving her one. Grabbing her remaining Pokeball, Misty idly tossed it into the air, and in a burst of light, a Starmie appeared, taking the field.

Starmie, Genderless, Level 21

"Starmie, let's start things off with a BubbleBeam, try and slow them down!" Obeying, Misty's strongest Pokemon would be quite a challenge, even for the supper effective Pokemon. Bowing its topmost arm forward, a jet of watery bubbles launched itself at Nemo.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 am

"Spark, then Charge Beam." It was obvious he was going to use Nemo's strongest moves right after the other in an attempt to weaken the obviously strong water type at least a little. Nemo made a rather adorable sound before once again charging at his opponent like a small electrical comet. But he stopped suddenly within the cluster of bubbles and instead of the electric energy around him dissipating, it moves inward as he charged his other electrical attack, some bubbles popping and/or evaporating as he released the now more powerful Charge Beam right at Starmie's gem,hoping to land a good deal of damage.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Starmie would prove to be more of a challenge than Staryu was. As Nemo sped toward it, Misty made a quick decision. "Swift, aimed at the Charge Beam!" A jet of starry energy launched from the gem of the Starmie in order to combat the powerful electrical attack. The stars honed in on the attack, and before it reached Starmie, collided with the electricity in a magnificent explosion of dust as the attack was negated. "Now, while he's close, Tackle attack!" The star-shaped Pokemon wasted no time after the command was called. Spinning slightly, Starmie shot at Nemo, looking almost like a living throwing star.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:07 am

"Dodge, then Thunder Wave! Quick!" Kevin called. Nemo released thunder wave while trying to dodge, but wasn't fast enough as Starmie still hit him.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:11 pm

As Starmie collided with Nemo, the star-shaped Pokemon didn't have a chance to dodge the electric attack that Nemo retaliated with. They were simply too close together for Starmie to try and maneuver. The electric attack took its toll, but Starmie was a tough Pokemon, and higher leveled. It wouldn't go down easily!

"Now Starmie, let's hit 'em with another Tackle!" Misty called.

Starmie, still close to Nemo, obeyed. It spun once more and launched itself at the Tynamo again, still in a ninja star-like fashion. With the small distance between them, it'd be difficult for the smaller Pokemon to dodge.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:12 pm

"Spark." Kevin said. Hopefully, Nemo could have a better chance to dodge if he used Spark to get out of the way faster. Nemo was barely able to get out of the way, only one of Starmie's appendages brushed against Nemo's side before he made a small curve upward, trying to land on the spinning Starmie's gem by making a downward curve. If this didn't work, he had a few other electrical attacks at the ready.

Seeing this reminded Kevin of a battle he'd seen on TV a few months back, where Unova's famous electric-type gym leader/model went against a Pallet town trainer with a fast and strong Tynamo.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Starmie, once again, was simply too close to dodge, and Nemo slammed into it causing a direct electrical attack and quite a bit of damage. Misty smiled slightly, happy with Kevin's performance. His Pokemon are weaker than mine, but he's putting up quite a fight. Well, I'll take it a little easy on him... Recover would allow us to pull through and win. But I admire his determination. What's a little pity if he doesn't know I'm taking it?

"Tackle again!" Misty called, knowing Starmie couldn't take much more of the electric attacks, "Give it all you've got!" Starmie obeyed, flying at Nemo once more.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 pm

"Y'know the drill, Nemo." Kevin hummed. Nemo wiggled before charging at Starmie with a Spark attack, then stopping halfway and gathering the remaining energy from the attack before releasing a more powrrful Charge Beam.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:07 pm

The Charge Beam, though fast, wasn't fast enough to hit Starmie that time around. The star-shaped Pokemon whirred out of the way in a blur. Sure, Misty was being generous, but not that generous.

"Starmie!" She called, "hit 'em with a Swift!"

Starmie turned toward Nemo in a flurry and launched a barrage of starry energy toward him. It honed in, being impossible to dodge.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 pm

"Spark! Try to turn the tables!" Kevin called out. Nemo zig-zagged, the stars following him as he sped towards Starmie as fast as his little body could. The little guy was determined to try and get some damage on the star shaped Pokemon first.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:31 am

The Spark did collide with Starmie, and the Pokemon was sent skirting back several paces. Knowing that the Swift would damage Nemo soon and that her own Pokemon was very low on precious health, Misty decided to take the chance of the impending attack to boost her final defenses.

"Use Harden!" she called, and Starmie did just that. The Pokemon curled its appendages toward its body, and a slight sheen covered its rough exterior, making it slightly more resistant to attacks... though with this much health lost, it may not be the most help.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 am

Swift collided with Nemo almost as soon as Starmie skidded back, but the small electric type didn't waver. He was running on both pure determination and adrenaline.

"Thunder Wave, then Spark once more." Kevin comanded, standing just a bit taller and straighter as his shoulders tensed.

Nemo immediantly sent a wave of electricity Starmie's way before going in once more with Spark, not taking his eyes off the target.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:46 pm

It's a strong Tynamo, Misty pondered, determined, I like that. Many of them would have given up by now... looks like this victory belongs to him. She knew her Starmie couldn't suffer another of the electric attacks. Recover was still quite an option, but she'd stick to her original kindness. The rest of the Gym Leaders, however, wouldn't be as merciful. Good luck, kid, do great things.

The electric attack slammed into Starmie, and the star-shaped Pokemon was flung back for one last time. Falling flat onto the ground, it was now motionless and fainted. The victory belonged to Kevin.

Totem gained 10 exp!

Nemo gained 11 exp and grew to level 14!

"That was a great battle," Misty said, "and I'm reluctant to believe I was beat!" She returned her Starmie and motioned for the trainee from before to grab the badge and other rewards. "As a reward for beating me, I present you with the Cascade Badge, as well as a Water Pulse TM and $2100. Do great things with these, and don't forget about this battle. You're free to visit the Gym and give my trainees a run for their money again! Maybe once your stronger, I'll challenge you with stronger gym team," she grinned, always ready for another battle.

The trainee was grinning as well, and presented the items to Kevin. "I'll get stronger too," he said, "Wartortle and I will get you next time!"

DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Kevin's eyes gleamed in amusement as he looked at the two.

"We'll see, me and my team are going to get stronger and come back sometime in the future for another round. Then we'll see about who will get who." He replied in a light, joking tone. After saying this, he'll return his team then look over towards Yoku with the cheesiest, idiotic crap eating grin on his face.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 am

Yoku returned Kevin's gaze with a wide grin of her own. "That was awesome!" she praised, "I hope I can battle like that some day. Well, I'm sure Dansei hopes I will," she chuckled. Glancing toward Misty and the trainee, her smile widened. "Looks like you made friends," she observed. "What should we do now?"
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:04 am

"Hm. You wanna go back to Pewter so you can go against Brock?" He asked, his grin becoming a gentle smile now, curiosity lighting his gaze.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Yoku pondered the thought for a moment, and she was inspired by Kevin's battle with Misty. She wouldn't mind the trek back, and it didn't seem like a bad idea. It could be fun to have my Pokemon battle in something as high stakes as that, I'll surly learn from it. Kearu and Yujin are friends and have a type advantage, it'd be nice to let them battle as allies again. Deciding, she nodded, "it sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not the best battler, but I'd love to take the challenge!"
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:10 am

"Alright. I bet you'll do great." He replied. He didn't really mind if they had to go back to the previous location, for all they knew they could run into another companion or something. Maybe even make some new friends or stuff like that. He headed for the gyms exit then, smile still in place as he walked.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm

"Thanks," Yoku made a nervous chuckle, and fell into step beside Kevin. She wasn't in a great hurry to get back to Pewter, so she allowed him to take the lead. Most of her Pokemon were returned to their balls, and only Dansei rested lightly on her shoulders and Kodokuna in her arms. Though, quite suddenly, a burst of white light illuminated from her bag, and Chiratsuki wriggled his way out of it. This earned a glare from Dansei, which the Litwick replied by sticking out his tongue and landing on Kodokuna's skulled head. Yoku gave the Litwick a concerned look, but he didn't seem up to too much trouble. "Hopefully he just wants some fresh air," she sighed softly, still following Kevin.
DarkSuicune98

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:24 am

"Fresh air sounds like it'd be good for them." He replied thoughtfully, taking Charmel and Champ's Pokeballs Pokeballs from his belt and releasing the two. Charmel grinned happily while Champ smiled, both walking along either side of Kevin. He also decided to release Metapod, holding her close to his chest as they walked.

After a couple of moments of silence, Charmel started to become bored. So, just to have something to do he began to make a bunch of weird faces. Kevin covered his mouth with one of his hands while making sure to secure Metapod in his other arm; his shoulders lightly shaking as his eyes shone with both amusement as he stifled his laughter at a particular face Charmel made.

Ah yes, they were retracing their steps and were back on the path between Cerulean and Pewter once more. (You wouldn't mind making the 2nd Pewter topic, would you? :3)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Stop: Cerulean!   

Second Stop: Cerulean!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3