HomeHome  NewsNews  FAQFAQ  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:45 pm

"Eh, if you wanna climb a tree, the one behind me draws water from underground."
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Dark didn't really say much to the girl. "I just want someone for a family," he said to her. "There isn't a reason to be scared... I'll make sure you're taken good care of." He approached the facility, opening the entrance and going in letting it close. He took her to the director. "Is this what you wanted," he asked him curiously.

[Fennekin, you be the director whenever both characters are present]

A couple of strangers were watching Evangeline, waiting for a good time to grab her and run back to the facility. They didn't know who the stranger was that was with her, but they weren't really paying attention to him.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 pm

"GO UP THE TREE, SOMEONE'S WATCHING, AND NEV, WE NEED TO GET THEM AWAY FROM HERE!" Z was ready to attack any moment.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

(Sounds good)

The girl simply trembled in fright, and didn't say anything out loud. She did start muttering something under her breath, as if praying for a miracle from Arceus.

"Yes, that is exactly it!" the Director said excitedly. "Excellent choices too. Both are in their prime of youth. They may actually survive. If we're lucky enough." He took a syringe out and injected the girl, causing her to go limp in Dark's arms. He motioned for him to put them in a hospital bed, already placed in preparation for the procedure. If he did so, he was almost certain to sentence the innocent girl to death.

Evangeline looked at the tree and sighed. "I may have wings, but I'm no bird. I'm also not helpless, I can fight." If she were to be summed up in one word, it would be stubborn. She readied her Ice Beam, and a strange feeling inside of her told her it was getting even more powerful as she got use to using it. Even without use, her breath grew icy, and the temperature started gradually dropping.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Dark set the girl and the poochyena on the bed that the director had motioned. "I'm going to go out for a bit while the procedure takes place," he said to the director, turning and stopping at the door. "Unless you have some other sort of plans you want me to do..."

The two strangers sighed, stepping from behind the tree they were at. "We just want Evangeline. She needs to be sterilized before she becomes ill," they lied. "Its a known fact those that escape don't live..."
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:07 pm

"Go ahead and try to take her!"

(i say you should sleepdart z)
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm

"No," the Director said with a dismissing hand gesture. "Feel free to go. And pick up more subjects while you're out there. This one may not survive the procedure."

"I've lived out of that place for years now. I'm not sick at all." Evangeline said hostily, her wings rustling in agitation. "I'd leave me alone if I were you. Wait, actually, I'd shoot myself if I were you. It would make the world a better place." She was prepared to attack anyone that made a move to grab her, ally or not.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Dark stopped, remembering he had told the girl he would make sure she was alright when she got there. "What do you mean that she may not survive," he asked the director, turning his head and looking at him. "What are you doing to the patients here?"

The two men looked at Evangeline. "If you would just come with us, you wouldn't end up hurt," they said, pulling out their weaponry and aiming at her. One of them broke off, firing a tranquilizer towards the zorua that was trying to help them.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:17 pm

"I...need to...stay...awa-..." Z had fallen asleep. She muttered something about Shade being just a little bit Zorua in her sleep.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:27 pm

"We are altering their entire body. Redoing the DNA into immensely potential and powerful strands. Most bodies...don't take kindly to the changes. They shut down instead of accepting the foreign strands, and the subject dies." He shrugged, showing clear lack of emotion or concern to the countless people and Pokemon they have slaughtered for such little success. "The Evangeline girl is our first subject to fully survive. Most of the others don't make it past their early adolescence. The younger ones don't make it in a week after their procedure. But with Evangeline a success, I'm sure our success rate will rise."

Evangeline smirked. "You wouldn't risk killing me with those pistols, and darts may have a hard time taking effect if they get too cold. It seems you're at a Check Mate, and mine as well give up before you embarrass yourselves."
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Dark looked at the director. "I promised her she wouldn't be hurt," he said to the director snarling. He picked up the girl from the bed. "If that's what you do the patients and what you'd do to the ones I bring, I don't think it'd be worth helping you. Maybe you'd say something to try swaying my mind," he said to him, trying to be at least a little negotiative. "What could you possibly offer that would make me forget what I just heard?"

The two men looked at Evangeline. "We would risk injuring you to where you couldn't hurt us though," they explained to her. "No one said that we had to kill you to make you weak."
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Shads ran out and kicked one of them from behind. "Nobody puts my Pokemon to sleep..."
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:54 pm

"Because I can give you everything that you want. Safety, freedom, and a life away from persecution. Are a few lives too much for your own happiness? You've never met them, why should you care if they live or die?" The Director said in a matter-of-fact voice. These seemed to be his own opinions.

"I'd love to see you try," Evangeline smirked, waiting for attack. She would do everything she could to stop them from taking her.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Dark thought of what the director was saying. ''Everything..." He set the girl back on the bed, sitting down in a chair. "I just have one last question," he said to the director as the operators came in and took the bed out of the room. "What exactly do you plan to do to me? I won't leave or run, but, I'd just like to know."

The one of the two that had been hit stumbled a bit before rolling and getting back up. "Hey, wrong thing to do," the other said angrily, shooting the other with the tranquilizer that he had in his hand currently.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Shade dodged easily, firing another Shadow Ball at them. "Take this!"
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

"I plan on having you do what you're doing now until we have enough living subjects. Once that happens, we will have an army of superhumans that no one can stop." He smiled, "the rest will be figured out in time."

Evangeline shot a long distance Ice Beam at one of the attackers, then jumped behind a tree for cover from any darts or bullets.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Dark looked at the director. His stomach felt a bit ill at hearing what he was saying, but he didn't necessarily question it. "I think I need to lie down. My stomach isn't feeling so well," he said to the director, getting up and heading towards wherever to sleep. When he left, a stranger walked in. "Do you want us to start work on making machinery to modify the wolf," the person asked, a hand on her forehead as if they were in the military.

The man froze instantly from the ice beam, the other looking at Evangeline ducking behind a tree. "Just so you know, that person that got brought here will be the greatest weapon by this facility! You aren't needed anymore as a subject. You would have just had a normal life," the man said before he turned tail and dashed towards the facility. There was no purpose in fighting if he was outnumberd.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm

"Not interested in someone who could be a superweapon? Go ahead, but know I could be a superweapon if you tried...Heh..."
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:56 pm

"Yes," the Director replied. "And if the girl's procedure is a success, we will be many steps closer toward our goals. Is there any news on the capture on the Subject called Evangeline?"

Evangeline smirked, and walked out from her cover, obviously weakened from the attack she did. She walked up to the frozen guard and laughed before turning toward Shade. "How would you like to let this guy thaw out so we can get a bit of information from him?"
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm

"Apparently one of the guards we sent is deceased sir," the woman told him. "As soon as we come up with machinery, we can send the wolf after her. She seems to trust him more than she does us." She immediately turned and left, working with a group of scientists on machinery.

The frozen guard couldn't exactly move. He was frozen in ice, his heart almost stopping its beating.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 pm

"You do that...I'll be back soon." She ran in and into the director's room and begged to help.
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:20 pm

"Good. See to it that it gets done as soon as possible!" he called to her as she left. Once he turned back around, a strange girl burst suddenly into the room and made a suprising request. "And why might I need you?" he asked her, prepared to call guards in to kill her if she answered wrong.

Evangeline nodded, and turned toward the frozen grunt. "Erm, now what?" she muttered to herself before Nev made a convenient appearance, holding an Ice Heal (or whatever it is) he had dug up from the medicine Evangeline ha kept.

"This could help," he said incoherently, as he held it in his mouth. Evangeline took it and sprayed it on the frozen man, then waited to see if it had taken effect. She also prepared to attack if he made a wrong move.
Dragon Kurai

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm

The guard was unfrozen after being sprayed with the medicine, and he looked at Evangeline. "I'm not dead," he asked her before he remember who she was. He then turned and ran, headed for the facility to get away.
Pit

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 pm

"I can do whatever you want. I could be a superweapon if you want."
Fox Demon Avaritia

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

"Demonstrate," was all the Director said in reply.

"Nev," Evangeline said, and the little Pikachu nodded. His cheeks sparked, and he launched a Paralysing jolt of electricity at the running man. She leisurely walked toward him. "I'm not done talking to you," she said to him as she walked.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths   

Time is but a Gentle Stream, the Past Still at its Murky Depths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next