HomeHome  NewsNews  FAQFAQ  PollsPolls  EventsEvents  Rules and Info.Rules and Info.  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Journey for Strength! ((Open))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 am

"Eh, they say there's this really strong wild Pokémon who got lost and ended up in here. Probably from those areas where powerful Trainers train. No one knows how the Pokémon ended up here but they say that the Pokémon doesn't really cause chaos. These Trainers tried to fight it but each of them lost. Some ganged up but of course, most guys here still have weak ones. In short, just don't disturb it and you'll be fine. Never saw it yet, though."
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 am

Really... a strong pokemon? I could certainly use that. And Elekid's got enough physical strength to at least give us a chance. "Alright, thanks for the info. I'm Izzy, by the way. Maybe we'll see each other again." Without waiting for a responce, he strode out, hoping he could get to the strong pokemon before anyone else did. Probably in the area by Mt.Moon, since I know stronger trainers explore the mountain nearby it. Since we need to go that way to get to Pewter City anyway... "Let's catch a powerful pokemon, Elekid!"
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 am

(Want this guy to be your NPC arch-rival? :3)

There seems to be a lot more people on the Cerulean side's "entrance" of the cave. There are a bunch of people and Trainers divided into two groups facing each other arguing. "But we need it for our team," was the cry of the group on the left. "It wishes to be left alone," shouted the one on the right.

"We are Trainers! It's normal for us to overcome stronger opponents!"
"Not when it's a missing Pokémon looking for its family! We are Trainers, yeah. But we also are supposed to help Pokémon! We're not just here to keep fighting!"
"Why don't our groups have a fight then?"
"We're not sinking down to your level."

The cops are trying to stop the group from making noise and stuff but there are too many. Possibly all the Trainers around Pallet to Cerulean are piled up there. If no one stops the two groups, it could lead to a Pokémon fight rumble or worse, death of them due to stampede and fistfights. Or even worse.

"Dang mouths," said a familiar voice from behind Izzy. It's the guy with the Charmander. His Charmander is standing beside him with clenched fist with a big grin looking towards the arguing group.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 am

There's no way to get around this, or through them, so we'll have to settle them down first. Not exactly the most passive approach, and not the one I'd prefer to use, but... "Elekid. That hollow log on our left? Hop up there." After watching Elekid scramble his way to the top, Izzy plugged his ears. This was going to suck. "Start windmilling. You're gonna need a huge charge for this one." After a minute or so, he saw bluish sparks coming off of Elekid's prongs. "Alright, hit it with everything you've got. Thunderpunch!" Just as he'd expected, the heavily charged punch created a resounding boom that echoed in the valley. "Nice job. Now, everyone!" he began, adressing the crowd. "Clearly, this argument is getting neither side anywhere. So, my friend and I will head in there, attempt to discover the whereabouts of it's family or Trainer, and if we can't, I'll try to capture it. This way, both sides will be appeased. If you have a problem with that, I'd gladly allow my Elekid the pleasure of battling you. I'd take a good look at that log before you open your mouth, though." Turning, he saw the place where Elekid had hit it was still smoldering, and that he had nearly busted through a foot of oak. To the trainer he'd befriended, "Sorry about involving you like that. Not great with people skills, sometimes."
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 am

(Like a boss. Should've made him say "FAAALCOOOOWN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWNCH")

The cops and the group settled down. Just as they are about to argue again, a Trainer from the group on the left - the good side - stepped away from them with an annoyed look on his face. He gave a slight smile to Izzy and out came a Dragonite. "Hyper Beam, God damn it."

His Dragonite unleashed a very powerful Hyper Beam towards the sky which made the arguing group settle down again. "You numbskulls have to learn when to shut the Hell up. Guy with the Elekid, do what you will." he said before walking away coolly.

The group settled down and looked at Izzy. But the cops are now the problem. "We can't allow you to get in that cave. Leave it to us."

While the cops can do the job, no one knows how they would really do it. Pokémon Trainers know a Pokémon better than anyone else.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 am

Izzy grinned. but internally he was cringing; he should have known that there would be other, more experienced Trainers here than himself, and that his stunt could have gone much worse. As it was... "Officers, I'm Izzy Sterling, raised in Cerulean. I wish I could tell you I was born here, but I have no idea where I was born, because I was orphaned shortly afterward. If anyone is going to give that Pokemon the chance it deserves to find its family, it's going to be me. I won't pull the same kind of stunt to get past you all, but I'm going in there. Whether it's with an officer, so you all feel at ease, or by myself, because I know I can accomplish it alone, is up to you. But I would like to deal with this, because I know how it feels to lose the ones you love." Emotional appeals usually work, right? It just occurred to him that he was involving himself like this, when he normally wouldn't, because that he really did feel that way. Either way, that Pokemon needed someone to care for it. And he was going to make sure it happened.
((Glad you liked it, probably the craziest thing I've ever done.))

Last edited by SaxAppeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 am

(What a nice guy. But if that was me I'd get in there by force and take the Pokémon outta there into safety. :P)

"Are you even aware that the Pokémon originally wasn't so rude at all until these Trainers made him angry and now it attacks whatever it sees. There are a couple of fainted Pokémon in there as well. It beat up the wild Pokémon inside and it's very dangerous for you to go out there. Your Elekid does not look that strong enough to take care of a Level 40 Omastar," a cop said.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 am

"Perhaps not. But strength comes in many forms. I'd like to believe that Omastar's Trainer misses him just as much as Omastar misses him. If it's the Omastar's children, well, that seems even more imperative that we find them and help them. Elekid and I may not have the pure power needed to defeat it, but I just want to get it calmed down. That's much easier, believe me. Especially if we find what it's looking for. But I can't just sit by idly while you deal with it."
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 am

"We can't get y-"

"SINCE you are the one here who looks so determined and didn't join into either of these groups. How about you just help us then," interrupted another cop beside the one Izzy has been talking to. "We can't do that," said the cop Izzy has been talking to. "Shut up, I'm a higher rank than you," said the other. Though he kinda sounded arrogant. "Since you would not agree if I tell you that we're going to paralyze it until it faints, how about you provide the distraction while one of my men throws an Ultraball and attempts to capture him? If he escapes, keep distracting. The method of distraction depends on you. Try not to get my man hurt," asked the cop.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 am

Izzy grimaced. That plan still wasn't great, since they still had no idea why the Omastar was on a rampage, and it was hard to prevent a repeat situation without fully understanding the first. If these were Pokemon Rangers, he wouldn't even have to explain this. Since he just got permission to enter, he knew it'd be pushing it to explain this, but he was going to try his hardest. "Give me five minutes to search around before your man starts, in case I can appease it peacefully. If not, Elekid and I will do our best to help your way."
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:44 am

"Pft, all right. Just know that we won't be responsible for whatever that will happen to you," said the cop as he stepped away and gave space enough for Izzy to finally walk in.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:54 am

((Totally missed the OOC note about Mr.Charmander; that sounds good to me.))

It's about time... Better hurry, gotta try and keep Omastar from getting hurt. Elekid too, for that matter. Izzy sprinted into the cavern, Elekid close behind. They found the Omastar quickly, but quickly ducked out of sight; they needed to watch its behavior uninterrupted to see what the issue was. Izzy stared at it, hoping he could figure out the problem, and its solution, quickly.
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 am

(Eh, thought you talking to him was a "yes")

The cops were right. More than thirty fainted wild Pokémon are lying around. The Omastar is currently fighting against six Geodudes and two Zubats. Though the weak wild Pokémon here are easy picking for him but he's still getting himself some EXP. Soon, the attackers fainted as Omastar looked around the surroundings. He didn't notice Izzy come in.

He looked around and saw only a bit of Pokémon left. The survivors chose not to attack and they slowly backed away watching the Omastar closely. The cops were also right about leaving the Omastar alone. He looked comfortable now and harmless but still, you never know how he feels on the inside considering almost everyone around him came to capture or destroy him.

He turned around so that Izzy is facing the other side of his body. That's when Izzy knew he is under the BRN condition. He's just probably hiding the pain and that could mean he would faint anytime now if the attackers keep coming. Some Trainer's Pokémon probably did that a while ago.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 am

Thinking quickly, Izzy tried to figure out the odds of just him getting close enough to heal him. Not being a Pokemon, and having none with him, he should stand a much better chance. Of course, he could push his luck and try to battle the weakened thing, but it could still probably thrash them. Of course, it may not leave when healed, and that could simply escalate the danger. Izzy waited until the officer arrived, and explained the Omastar's condition, before signaling he was going to go in to begin the distraction, and that the officer should stay out of sight until he began. "Here goes nothing, Elekid. Quick, run in, use Brick Break, then use Quick Attack to ricochet off of its shell, and circle it. Be prepared for mobile Thundershocks on my signal, or Quick Attacks to dodge." . Elekid nodded, and after sneaking into the cavern, windmilling the whole while, Elekid ran at the Omastar, fist raised and aglow.
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 am

Omastar noticed the incoming Elekid but is too fast for a much lower level foe. He simply moved away and now he's angry. Omastar's eyes glow as rocks levitate and there's a prehistoric feeling around. He's using Ancientpower against Elekid.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 am

Not good. "Escape with Quick attack, to your left!" Ricocheting Elekid off of the rock wall could be effective. What was he thinking, he was in way over his head. "Use Thundershock when you land!" Hopefully Elekid wouldn't suffer from his mistaken thought process...
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:45 am

Luckily though it worked. But Izzy should try not to get close again as one hit will lead to his Elekid's defeat which would lead to Izzy getting hurt and the cops being forced to handle this their "way". Omastar watched closely waiting for them to come again. This proves that Omastar is completely misunderstood.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 am

No counter? None at all? That... that's not the way Pokemon act if they're furious and WANT to battle. Without taking his eyes off of Omastar, Izzy called over his shoulder at the officer. By any chance, do you have a Full Heal? I'll pay you back later, but I think this Omastar is just lost, and injured. Healing it should give us the chance to guide it home, or let it make its own way there. I'm begging you officer."
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

"Not part of the plan," said the annoying cop. "WHAT IN THE HELL," a familiar voice shouted really loud. He shoved the cop away and walked inside the cave. It's the guy with the Charmander, Lasso! He quickly unzipped his bag and searched for a Full Heal. "Here, my last one! No need to pay, my friend," he shouted with a heroic smile and tossed a Full Heal to Izzy.

Omastar, uncertain what the item is, thought it's something against him so this time he will fight. Lasso's Charmander is behind his trainer. Omastar unleashed sharp spikes from its shell! Omastar used Spike Cannon towards Elekid! But Charmander jumped in on his own will and used Ember crushing the spikes into dust and ashes. "I know it's not supposed to be that fast for Charmander but he's an expert in using Ember."

Four cops went in. Two of them grabbed Lasso by each of his arm and dragged him away. Charmander got mad and unleashed Flamethrower, stronger than the last time he used it when he fought Izzy a while ago. The cops let go of Lasso and quickly took a few steps away or else they'll get burned. "You are cops, you are supposed to protect people and Pokémon, I know. But you suddenly dragging me could lead to my Charmander accidentally hitting me with his own attack and Omastar raging even more. Will you get the Hell out and let us do this? I swear to God I'm just three seconds away from annihilating the four of you standpoint."

He changed his standing posture into one of those Karate-like stances which tells that he knows Karate. The cops, trying not to make things worse didn't say a word and stared at the determined Trainers and their Pokémon. "You are going to go to the precinct after this," said one of them.

That was when Lasso thought, "Where in the blue Hell is Officer Jenny?"
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 am

Izzy stood stunned for the duration of this little event. Knowing Elekid could only get hurt in this situation, he called him off, making sure that even should the cops try to mess with Lasso and Charmander, they were going to get thrown back. Crouching, Izzy slowly moved towards Omastar, Full Heal in hand. In a soothing voice, he murmured about how he meant no harm, and only wanted what was best for Omastar from the beginning. Once he got close enough, he was going to spray down the Pokemon's injuries. No attack would stop him, he was, by this point, committed. His eyes unwavering, his demeanor calm, you would have never known the fear that ran through his veins, chilling his blood and making every step a miracle.
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 am

The cops were surprised by the bravery and determination of Izzy.

Omastar was surprised by the sudden spray as his attention was on the arguing people. Omastar turned around and was going for a Spike Cannon only for Charmander to fire balls of flame beside Omastar - enough distance for him to consider it a warning shot. Omastar turned around again, now facing the distant Charmander. "Look Omastar, we're helping you," shouted Charmander.

Omastar felt his BRN condition fade away and he turned around to Izzy. He stared at Izzy and looked at the fainted Pokémon around. He looked back to Izzy and gave a smile. Finally, the raging Omastar has been tamed. But it's not over yet. The remaining wild Pokémon slowly moved towards Omastar and Izzy. Their face looks like they are coming to get themselves "some".

Lv. 11 - ALL
Oddish, F
Rhyhorn, M
Koffing, M
Geodude, M

"Just what I damn needed. It looks like there's only four of these annoying Pokémon left. Keep your guard up, friend. Don't attack unless they do. I'll be helping you anyway," Lasso said, ignoring the cops as he walked beside Izzy. His Charmander walking towards Izzy's Elekid with a friendly grin.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 am

Izzy laughed a little; a couple weaker Pokemon were nothing compared to this Omastar. "C'mon, are you sure you don't want to try catching one? I'd rather just scare them off, but I'm up for whatever, at this point." He stood, facing the wild Pokemon and putting his back to the Omastar; a sign of trust that he doubted would be ignored. "Let's be ready for anything, eh? Elekid, buddy, I suggest you start charging up." Watching Elekid windmill his arms, Izzy breathed a sigh of relief; the real danger was over.
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

The wild Pokémon grinned and acted coolly and tough. "Honestly, I could use some ass-kicking. Should they attack, I'm taking Oddish and Geodude. Think you can handle Rhyhorn and Koffing," Lasso asked looking determined. Charmander's flame on the tip of his tail started to turn larger. He unleashed a Flamethrower to scare them off. But the wild Pokémon stood still.

Geodude and Rhyhorn chose to team up and were staring towards Izzy while Oddish and Koffing were staring towards Lasso. "Same plan."

It's just a matter of stare down and waiting who’s going to attack first.
SaxAppeal

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 am

Two rock-types? Easy-peasy, this is why he taught Elekid Brick Break. "Well, since scaring them off doesn't seem to be working... Elekid, Brick break. Aim for Geodude!" Rhyhorn may also be secondary ground-type, but it was much harder for it to learn ground type moves. A tackle from that thing would still hurt, however. Gotta stay quick. Sharp turns will handle that, and Izzy had already figured out that trick.
Bryan

View user profile
PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 am

Geodude evaded the attack swiftly.

"Eh? So you want the two instead, eh? Alright," he said as he started to command Charmander.

(I think I won't type in Lasso's fight. He will end up winning anyway. :P)

Geodude grabbed a rock on the ground and hurled it towards Elekid! Geodude used Rock Throw! Rhyhorn stood still as attempting a Horn Attack would have himself getting hit by his ally's attack against their foe.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey for Strength! ((Open))   

The Journey for Strength! ((Open))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next